Friday, November 20, 2009

Who Wants To Be An Entrepreneur Anyway? By Trevor Kugler

 Who Wants To Be An Entrepreneur Anyway?
By Trevor Kugler

The dictionary described an entrepreneur as: One who creates a product on his own account; whoever undertakes on his own account an industrial enterprise in which workmen are employed. So, after reading the definition, and being one for most of my life, I have to pose the question that this article is titled. As I said, I've been an entrepreneur for my entire life and know from experience that it's not all it's cracked up to be.
I've often wondered why I have this flame burning in me that simply refuses to go out. I used to try to put the fire out by drinking, but that didn't work, so I quit drinking. I have tried getting jobs on various occasions and having a boss is just too much for me. The fire always seems to win and just can't be tamed. I simply like the idea of bringing my product, or someone else's product to the marketplace and getting paid for doing it. That and the idea of not having a boss.
Not having a boss is probably the biggest factor in all of this. Something about that fire burning deep inside of me tells me that having someone tell me what to do and not do is no good. In the past I've gotten jobs and was the model employee, but in the back of my mind, I never liked it. All because I was born with the entrepreneurial fire deep within me that I can't put out.
So I'm left to continue trying, but from time to time I can't help realize that it would sure be easier to just get a job and be done with it. I'll never forget what Ted Turner said about the subject, "My son is now an "entrepreneur." That's what you're called when you don't have a job." That quote really hits the nail on the head.
So the next time that you think you want to be an entrepreneur and change the world, you may want to think again. Just getting a job would sure be a lot easier. Unfortunately if you've got the same fire burning in you that I've got burning in me, you've got no choice. Your going top have to just get out there and change the world.
Trevor Kugler is co-founder of JRWfishing.com and an avid angler. He has more than 20 years experience fishing for all types of fish, and 15 years of business and internet experience. He currently raises his three year old daughter in the heart of trout fishing country.....Montana!
Gang Hooks Tied & Ready To Fish: http://www.jrwfishing.com/gang_hooks.asp
Get Fishing Tips & Techniques Twice A Month For FREE -
http://www.jrwfishing.com/signup.html
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Trevor_Kugler

Do you Want To Be An Entrepreneur?